Thursday, June 19, 2008

YW Camp and EFY!!!

I am so excited for camp and EFY! Camp is on June 30th thru July 3rd. EFY is July 14th thru July 19th. I don't know where camp is, but EFY is at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, KY. My best friend Ashley Brough and I are going to be roommates at EFY. We are going to have SOOOOOO much fun. Holly says she wants to go to a different EFY than me every year. Lately she has been trying to avoid being close to me, and I don't get it. She just doesn't like being around me. I don't like it, but it is her decision. Not my fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren,

Holly does like you, she's your sister and best friend (whether you know it now or not). There's no fault or blame here:>

She is at an age where she wants to stand on her own 2 feet and follow her own interests and new friends. It is normal for her to want an identity totally seperate from you. My sisters and I never had the same friends. We all 3 did our own thing. That's the way it should be.

Just be cool. Focus on your music and your friends. Things that interest you. That way, when you do spend time with Holly you will have lots of positive things to talk about.

Try not to take it personally. I know it's easier said than done. It's not personal. Holly wanting to do things independent from you has nothing to do with anything that you did. She just wants to pursue the things that interest her and make her happy.

Don't worry about what Holly is doing or not doing because that will do you no good. It only causes contention, bickering and name-calling. And no one was ever made happy by that.

You are a beautiful, smart, funny and talented girl. And you accomplished all that on your own:)

Sorry for the long advice column. I just love you and want you to be happy.